Saturday, April 23, 2016

Finally! A return to sewing!

March was filled with visitors! We had my husband's nephew, his wife, and mother-in-law come by for a weekend as they traveled to San Antonio. A few short days later, my daughter and two granddaughters arrived for ten days of fun and chaos...all over the Easter holiday. Of course, after every such visit, I have to clean house and this was no exception. Very little sewing was accomplished.

But...

I did manage to get a couple of purses done for the girls, at their request, right after they left. (Pictures will be added later because I can't seem to access them right now.)

And then...sickness struck. I came down with some crazy cough that kept me up for hours on end. That morphed into nasal congestion and...let's just say I wasn't comfortable one bit. The past few days have seen a vast improvement; although I'm not near 100% yet, going over the 50% mark can be considered "vast."

Improvement meant I could finally spend some time behind my sewing machine and so I have. 
I've been making purses for SewPowerful.org (I'll be writing much more about SewPowerful in the next few days, but I don't want to try to do too much too soon.) I love these little purses! I now have the pattern pretty well ingrained in my brain so I don't have to look at the tutorial too much. 

This black and orange purse was the first I've made in quite a while. There were a few glitches along the way, but it still turned out looking really good.

I am totally besotted by these two. They came together much more easily than the black/orange one, and the colors and button embellishments make me happy.

Two more purses are eagerly awaiting their construction. I got the interfacing fused yesterday and have all of the pieces waiting on a little table near my sewing machine. So....tear myself away from writing about sewing and actually get some done!

No comments:

Post a Comment